Chloroquine, Hydroxychloroquine & SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) | Mechanism of Action and Overview of Anti-Viral Properties
This is a follow-up lesson to my previous Chloroquine & Hydroxychloroquine video. As some commenters noted (thanks to Zhijie Wang and The123michaelsilva), I neglected to discuss the anti-viral mechanism against SARS-CoV-2 (novel coronavirus) in enough detail and missed important points regarding mechanism of action. In this lesson, I discuss these multiple anti-viral mechanisms in more detail including the ability of chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine to inhibit endocytosis, act as a zinc ionophore and a novel mechanism (recently discovered in April 2020) wherein chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine affect viral binding.
*Re-uploaded due to error in previous version*
1) Brief Introduction to Multiple Mechanisms of Action of Chloroquine/Hydroxychloroquine
2) Chloroquine/Hydroxychloroquine inhibits viral endocytosis
3) Chloroquine acts as zinc ionophore
4) Chloroquine/Hydroxychloroquine interfere with viral binding
*Disclaimer* All of these mechanisms have only been shown in in-vitro studies (in a cell culture plate), so these mechanisms may not translate to actual clinical significance in treating humans – we still have to wait for human clinical trial data.
I hope you find this lesson helpful! If you do, please give this video a thumbs up and consider subscribing to the channel – all of your support is greatly appreciated!
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Kỷ niệm 130 năm ngày sinh Chủ tịch Hồ Chí Minh
- KHÔNG THỂ CÙNG NHAU SUỐT KIẾP Hoà Minzy | Thương Võ cover
- TRỰC TIẾP | TẬP 17: Tình Yêu Và Tham Vọng – Phong tái mặt vì tình nhân có thai
- Trên tay Redmi Note 9: Màn hình đục lỗ ấn tượng, pin trâu 5.020mAh, giá 4,9 triệu đồng
- Mỹ bán cho Đài Loan 18 ngư lôi mạnh nhất thế giới, bà Thái Anh Văn vỗ mặt Tập Cận Bình liên tục